Repositories of required components
The Gardener deploys a lot of helping components which are required to make the Shoot cluster functional. Please find a list of those repositories below.
- Machine Controller Manager - a component which manages VMs/nodes as part of declarative custom resources inside Kubernetes.
- VPN - a set of components which establish connectivity from a pod running in the Seed cluster to the networks of a Shoot cluster (which are usually private).
- Terraformer - a can execute Terraform configuration and is designed to run as a pod inside a Kubernetes cluster.
- AWS Load Balancer Readvertiser - a component which is used to keep AWS Shoot cluster API servers reachable.
- Ingress Default Backend - a component which serves a static HTML page that is shown for all incoming requests to nginx that are not controlled by an Ingress object.