2 minute read
Project Gardener implements the automated management and operation of Kubernetes clusters as a service. Its main principle is to leverage Kubernetes concepts for all of its tasks.
Recently, most of the vendor specific logic has been developed in-tree. However, the project has grown to a size where it is very hard to extend, maintain, and test. With GEP-1 we have proposed how the architecture can be changed in a way to support external controllers that contain their very own vendor specifics. This way, we can keep Gardener core clean and independent.
How to start using or developing this extension controller locally
You can run the controller locally on your machine by executing
make start. Please make sure to have the kubeconfig to the cluster you want to connect to ready in the
Feedback and Support
Please find further resources about out project here:
- Our landing page gardener.cloud
- “Gardener, the Kubernetes Botanist” blog on kubernetes.io
- “Gardener Project Update” blog on kubernetes.io
- GEP-1 (Gardener Enhancement Proposal) on extensibility
- GEP-10 (Additional Container Runtimes)
- Extensibility API documentation
Was this page helpful?